Hi! I'm Erika.
One answer may lie in their sleep habits. Here are some findings:. How does sleep affect our bodies? An undiagnosed medical illness might also cause poor sleep habits.
Someone with an underactive thyroid gland, for instance, will feel fatigued and gain weight. And someone who suffers from sleep apnea will wake up repeatedly during the night. How does sleep affects eating? If your child is feeling tired, then you should see a doctor.
Feeling exhausted is so common that it has its own acronym, TATT, which stands for "tired all the time". Dr Rupal Shah, a GP in south London, says tiredness is one of the most common complaints she sees in her surgery.
- Tiredness and fatigue: Why it happens and how to beat it.
- Translanguaging: Language, Bilingualism and Education (Palgrave Pivot).
- 'Bedtime Procrastination' Is A Big Problem, But The Solutions Are Surprisingly Simple!
- Symptoms of low energy.
- Diabetes fatigue: Causes, management, and when to see a doctor.
At any given time, one in five people feels unusually tired, and one in 10 have prolonged fatigue, according to the Royal College of Psychiatrists. Women tend to feel tired more often than men. Dr Shah says she routinely takes a blood test from patients complaining of tiredness to rule out a medical cause, such as anaemia or an underactive thyroid gland.
There are lots of health complaints that can make you feel tired. Not just the well-recognised ones like anaemia and thyroid problems, but also more surprising ailments, such as diabetes , food intolerance and a sleeping disorder called sleep apnoea. Being overweight or underweight can cause tiredness.
- The Connection Between Sleep and Obesity;
- Untersuchung des bilateralen Transfers (German Edition).
- You Are Lifted High?
- Night so Fair.
Psychological tiredness is far more common than tiredness that's caused by a physical problem. Canada U. US News. World News.
- The Button Man.
- Habana Babilonia o Prostitutas en Cuba: Un ensayo con historias reales sobre la prostitución en la Cuba comunista (Spanish Edition)?
- Fatigue fighting tips.
- La Strana Storia di Eros Liverani (Italian Edition).
- Health problems.
Social Justice. Donald Trump.
Not getting enough sleep can make you fat
Queer Voices. Black Voices. Latino Voices. Asian Voices. HuffPost Personal. Special Projects.
Sleep Apnea & Children: Causes & Treatment - National Sleep Foundation
Pride Impact: Project Zero. Impact: This New World. Listen to America. From Our Partners.