Pedagogy of Confidence | National Urban Alliance
Description In her new book, Yvette Jackson shows educators how to focus on students' strengths to inspire learning and high intellectual performance. Jackson asserts that the myth that the route to increasing achievement by focusing on weaknesses promoted by policies such as NCLB has blinded us to the strengths and intellectual potential of urban students--devaluing the motivation, initiative, and confidence of dedicated educators to search for and optimize this potential. The Pedagogy of Confidence dispels this myth and provides practical approaches for rekindling educators' belief in their ability to inspire the vast capacity of their urban students.
Book Features: Describes practical approaches and examples of how inspirational educators implement High Operational Practices, offering strategies for dealing with cultural disconnects, the influence of new technologies, and language preferences of students.
- Essential Approaches for Excellence & Sustainable School System Transformation!
- The Complex Simpleton.
- The Pedagogy of Confidence: Inspiring High Intellectual Performance…!
- Written Pictures of Life;
- Realizing the Third Element.
- Bestselling Series.
- The Devil Incarnate (The Devil of Ponong series #2).
Illustrates how educators empower student investment in the "mediative learning community" to foster positive relationships. Presents historical, cognitive, and neuroscience research, providing educators the rationale and benefits of changing old policies and practices to new ones that will guide students to intellectual development, self-directed learning, and self-actualization.
The Pedagogy of Confidence : Inspiring High Intellectual Performance in Urban Schools
Explores the theory and methodology of cognitive psychologist Reuven Feuerstein, upon which The Pedagogy of Confidence is based. Product details Format Paperback pages Dimensions Review quote "What Dr. Jackson proposes here is truly a remedy to ensure that students, no matter where they come from, and no matter where they go to school, have the ability to attain their innate intellectual potential.
She is internationally recognised for her work in assessing the learning potential of disenfranchised urban students. Rating details.
- Grade Levels?
- Grappling with the Monster The Curse and the Cure of Strong Drink (TREDITION CLASSICS)!
- The Pedagogy of Confidence: Inspiring High Intellectual Performance in Urban Schools;
- Evening Book Talk: The Pedagogy of Confidence – Yvette Jackson.
- Professsional Learning Blogspot: Jackson - Pedagogy of Confidence.
- Stanford Libraries.
- Pope Names For The 2013 Conclave.
Book ratings by Goodreads. Goodreads is the world's largest site for readers with over 50 million reviews. Reuven Feuerstein to develop integrated processes that engage and elicit high intellectual performances from underachievers.
- ISBN 13: 9780807752234.
- The Pedagogy of Confidence : Yvette Jackson : !
- Fireworks and Area 51 (Two Story Pack)?
- Senecas Complete Epistles: Volume 1;
- A Lotus for the Regent (The Lotus Trilogy Book 2).
She continues to work with school districts to customize and systemically deliver the collegial, strengths-based High Operational Practices of the Pedagogy of Confidence that integrate culture, language and cognition to engage and elicit the innate potential of ALL students especially those who are disenfranchised and marginalized for self-actualization and contributions to our world. Yvette has translated the concepts of the Pedagogy of Confidence into precepts for informing educational leadership required for transforming urban districts to optimize the learning success of the students whom they serve.
Yvette, a life-long teacher, is a lover and student of the arts. She studied dance at the Alvin Ailey School of Dance and enjoyed the dramatic arts through acting in television, theatre and film.